Avast antivirus won’t open a crucial problem for most antivirus users. Most of the time, a significant problem may arise for not having or running a third-party antivirus. Hence, today’s discussion was held on the issue of Avast, particularly the problem of won’t launch.
Avast antivirus has provided safety and security for the device since 1988. For computer users around the world, Avast produces and distributes a cross-platform internet security application for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android operating systems. Like other software and apps, Avast has anomalies and drawbacks. One of the drawbacks is Avast antivirus won’t start.
What is Avast antivirus won’t open Issue?
After installing and running Avast, when it is time to perform, Avast may not launch, start, or open. For this, the security of the device is not available. And the chance of being infected and attacked by the security breaker/theft arises.
Why Won’t Avast Antivirus Open Issue Arise?
There is no specific reason why the Avast antivirus won’t open. But some diversified cause has the intention for happening the problem. And here we are discussing the causes of the problem for the shake of bringing a better corrective measure for Avast does not open concern. The possible responsible causes are below.
Avast Software Issue.
Due to various internal issues, Avast’s antivirus app installation may break. And broken installation of The Avast antivirus may prohibit the software from starting. So, software architectural issues of the Avast antivirus may lead to the problem Avast antivirus won’t open.
Avast Service Issue.
Being an online security provider, Avast keeps updating its services from time to time. During updating the services, some issues may occur and hamper the Avast stating. So, today’s asking problem Avast not loading occurs for such a service issue.
Back Dated/Not Updating Avast.
For keeping the devices safe and secure, Avast antivirus provides updates from time to time. In addition to this, they fix numerous issues of the internal Avast software and give it to its users. But due to negligence, the user may not update Avast software specific time of interval. Not updating Avast led to the problem that the Avast antivirus won’t open.
Windows operating system has a built-in antivirus known to us as windows firewall. This windows service may conflict with the Avast, and the Avast antivirus may not start.
Avast Subscription Failure.
Sometimes, the subscription failure led to the Avast antivirus won’t open. A various additional feature is available only with the subscriber-only. And it is not for the free version of the Avast. But due to not updating the subscription after expiry, Avast does not open.
Not Updating The Windows.
Windows operating system often provides an update for the user to ensure the operating system’s device security and stability. But many users ignore it to save time and are not concerned about being updated. For this, the windows functions may not perform correctly. Such non-performing status of the windows may be responsible and occurs the Avast won’t load problem.
WMI Repository Issue.
The Windows Management Instrumentation Repository is a vital component of the Windows operating system. It helps and ensures administrative privileges and allows the application to monitor the device. But due to corruption or damage of the WMI repository, the issue of the Avast antivirus won’t open occurs.
The above said are some of the nearby possible reasons the today’s topic Avast antivirus won’t open. Then no matter whether the reason behind the scenes of the Avast is not starting, we must fix it for the safety of our device. Follow the methods below to make Avast launch, start, or open to the device.
Fix Avast antivirus won’t Open On Windows 10/11.
There are a lot of fixation methods available to dissolve various issues of the Avast antivirus. Follow and implement the fixation described below one after another. And mitigate the Avast antivirus won’t open on your device. So, let’s begin.
Fixation No 01:
Update The Avast Antivirus Software.
As we know from the earlier discussion, one of the primary reasons the Avast antivirus issue won’t open is backdated Avast. So, updating the Avast will be effective enough to dissolve the issue. And to do the same, follow the instructions below.
- Click On System Tray Of The Taskbar.
- Right Click On The Avast App Icon.
- After That, Click On Update And Select Engine And Virus Definition.
- Click On Check For Updates (Virus Definitions)
- Again, Click On Check For Updates (Your Application)
- Restart The Computer After Completing The Updates.
After restarting the PC, check that the Avast antivirus won’t open. If it remains unchanged, follow the following method of fixation.
Fixation No 02:
Update Windows Operating System.
Sometimes, an un-updated Windows operating system may have some additional updates and security updates. But due to various reasons, we may not update it. But ensure the proper functioning of the device and programs or apps, we must update the Windows. To do the same, follow the steps below.
- Right Click On Windows Icon And Click On Settings.
- Now, Click On Update And Security.
- Finally, Click On Check For Updates.
- After Complete updating, Restart The PC.
When the PC boots up after restart, check for the problem.
Fixation No 03:
Disable Windows Firewall.
The conflict between Avast and Windows firewalls intends to prevent Avast from starting on your device. So, disabling Windows Firewall can fix the issue instantly. So, for disabling windows firewall temporarily, follow the steps below.
- Click On the Start Icon Of The Taskbar And Click On Settings.
- After That, Click On Windows Security.
- Now, Click On Virus And Threat Protection.
- Again, Click On Manage Settings.
- Turn The Slider To Left And Off The Real-Time Protection.
You may also learn various ways for disabling Windows firewall: Turn Off Windows Defender In Windows 10 & 11
Fixation No 04:
Refresh Or Restart The Avast Antivirus Services.
For many reasons, Avast antivirus services can prevent Avast from starting. In this respect, refreshing and restarting the services may mitigate the problem. So, to do the same, follow the instructions below.
- Right Click On Windows Icon Of The Taskbar.
- Click On Run.
- Type services.MSC And Press Enter On Keyboard.
- Find Our Avast Antivirus From The List.
- Right Click On It And Select Properties.
- Now, Click On Start Type And Select Automatic.
- Click On Stop (If it is running).
- Again, Click On Start (For Running Or Start Again).
- Click On Apply Followed By Ok.
- Close The Window.
Now check for the Avast antivirus won’t open whether it remains or not. If it is still happening, then follow the subsequent fixation.
Fixation No 05:
Perform A Clean Boot Of The Computer.
A clean boot of the device can dissolve various PC issues. And in the case of Avast, antivirus won’t open issues; it can also be effective. Follow the steps below to perform the task.
- Type MS Config On Search Bar And Click On Open.
- Click On Services Tab (Upper Side Of The Dialogue Box).
- Now Click On Hide All Microsoft Services.
- After That, Click On Disable All.
- Now Click On Startup Tab (Upper Side Of The Dialogue Box).
- Click On Open Task Manager.
- Disable All Running Task.
- Close The Task Manager.
- Finally, Click On Apply Followed By OK.
- Restart The Computer.
Fixation No 06:
Check And Ensure Active Subscription Status.
All versions of the Avast Antivirus have their time limit. After exceeding the timeframe, the app may be disabled or out of service. In this aspect, you must check the Avast subscription status. And make it alive or active. To do the same, follow the instruction below.
- Right, Click On Avast Icon At System Tray.
- Click On Registration Information.
- If It Is Active, Then Leave It Close The Avast.
- If It Is Not Active, Then Click On Upgrade Now.
- Select Your Desired Subscription Plan.
- Go Through Screen Appeared Instructions.
Fixation No 07:
Ensure Proper Avast Installation.
Sometimes, due to multiple reasons, the Avast antivirus installation can be faulty. And such faulty installation may lead to the Avast antivirus won’t open issue. So, do the following to check and ensure the proper Installation of Your Avast.
- Right Click On Start Icon Of The Windows.
- Click On Apps And Features.
- Find Out The Avast Antivirus From List Of The Apps.
- If Avast Antivirus Is Not Present Here, Then Reinstall Your Avast.
Fixation No 08:
Repair Avast Antivirus Software.
Sometimes there’s maybe some issue inside that Avast software. In this regard, you can repair the Avast. For repairing Avast, aim to solve Avast antivirus won’t open issue do the followings.
From Avast Software.
- Open Your Avast Antivirus Software.
- Now, Click On Troubleshooting Tab.
- Finally, Click On Repair App.
- Wait For Completing The Process.
- After Completing The Repair Process, Restart The Computer.
From Windows Repair Utility.
- Right, Click On Windows Icon At The Taskbar.
- Now, Click On Settings.
- Click On Apps.
- After That, Click On Apps & Features.
- Find Out Avast And Click On It.
- Again, Click On Modify.
- Finally, Click On Repair.
After Completing The Repairing Process, Restart The Computer.
Fixation No 09:
Reinstall Avast Antivirus.
After implementing all the above-said methods, you cannot run your Avast antivirus; the last option in your hand is to reinstall. And you can do it easily by uninstalling the Avast and installing it to your device. In most cases, reinstalling Avast solves lots of problems with the Avast antivirus. So, follow the instructions below to perform the reinstalling process.
Uninstall The Avast App.
Avast uninstallation is not like other apps or programs. It takes some extra initiative. But you can do it quickly by following the methods of uninstalling Avast. How to uninstall Avast?
Install The Avast App.
After performing the uninstalling process and removing it from your computer completely, the step is installing a new Avast antivirus app. To do the same, follow the steps below.
- Go To Official Website Of The Avast.
- Click On Download Free Protection.
- Go To Download Folder.
- Double Click On The Download File.
- Follow The Screen Appeared Instructions.
You May Also Read: Best 5 Fix Avast Behavior Shield Keeps Turning Off.
Now the turns are yours for dissolving the Avast antivirus won’t open problem. I firmly hope and believe that there will be no problem with your Avast antivirus after reading this article. And you will get rid of Avast not loading, Avast does not open, or Avast won’t start etc. Feel free to share the article if you find it helpful with your near and dears. That’s for today. Hope you have a good day And Good Luck!