How to split screen on windows question arises when someone wants to use multiple Windows simultaneously. And of course, there is various usefulness of splitting the screen. However, multitasking is the paramount necessity of the split screen on windows 10 or 11. Additionally, analyzing, comparing, or editing two windows side by side in a single display unit spit screen is helpful.
Nowadays, leading operating systems provide a SNAP application for splitting windows in half. But you can also split the screen into a three and four window display on a single monitor. However, using two monitors for the splitting screen is also used by various professional and tech companies employees. There are numerous ways of splitting the screen, and you can do it easily without any hustle. And in this article, I am Describing the effective ways to split screens on windows 10 & 11. So, let’s dive into the detail.
How To Split Screen On Windows 10
The split screen procedure on Windows 10 can be performed in various ways. Some are easy, and others may be slightly critical. But in the end, you will find it easy and less time-consuming. So, apply any method below according to your need and use a split-screen for your purpose.
Split Screen By Using Keyboard Shortcuts.
One easy and convenient way to split screen is the keyboard shortcuts. And you can use this for splitting screens and use them accordingly. So, follow the instructions below to do the same.
- Jump between two windows without splitting.
Press Alt + Tab Button On The Keyboard.
- Split the window into two portions and bring them left or right.
Press Win + Left/Right Arrow On The Keyboard.
- Use the following keyboard shortcuts for a split screen to corner into a quarter size of the display device.
Press Win + Left/Right Arrow After That, Up/Down Arrow.
- Convert a quarterly spitted window to a half-split window.
Press Windows Key + Up/Down Arrow On The Keyboard.
- Restore To The Full Screen Of The Split Window.
Press Win + Up Arrow And Press Them Until It Becomes Full Window.
Split Screen On Windows 10 By Using Mouse.
Another easy and convenient way to split screen on Windows 10 is to use the mouse. And by using the mouse, you can split the screen two, three, or four equally divided or resize them according to needs. Follow the steps below to split the screen on windows 10 by using a mouse.
- Firstly, open the desired window or applications or programs you want to split.
- Secondly, Put your mouse pointer to the top of the opened window. After that, press the right mouse button for a few seconds.
- Thirdly, drag the mouse and move the window by moving the mouse to your desired place of the display unit and dropping it.
- Finally, repeat the second and third steps for the double active window you want to make part of the split screen.
Resize the window and move them according to your preferences on display. And for doing this, put the mouse pointer to any corner edge of the window and drag it. Then, move the mouse pointer up, down / left, or right, make a preferable size, and release the mouse button.
Enable Snap Assist Feature Of The Windows 10
An excellent multitasking feature is available on Windows 10 OS, which is essential for snapping and splitting windows into various options. So, by enabling this feature, you can use the fantastic split-screen advantages of Windows 10. Furthermore, it allows keyboard shortcuts and the mouse to split windows in two, three, or four snaps. Usually, Snap Assist is installed by default. Still, in case of not enable the snap assist intentionally, you can allow it right now. And to do the same, perform the tasks following the instructions below.
- Type Snap Assist On The Search Box Of The Task Bar.
- Click On Open From The Left.
- Toggle The Snap Windows Slide Bar To The Left.
- Now Scroll Down And Click On The Small Down Arrow Beside The Alt + Tab Section.
- Select Open Windows And 5 Most Recent Tabs In Edge from The Appeared Options.
- After completing all, close the snap assist window.
Split Screen On Windows 10 By Using Snap Assist.
After enabling the “Snap Assist” feature, it is time to split the screen for multitasking or various daily uses. And you have to use the mouse to perform the splitting procedure. And to do the same, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, Pick the window you want to snap to one-half of the display screen. After that, drag it to the left or right edge of the display and drop it.
- Secondly, if there are more than two applications or windows open, a number of options can fill the second half of the display screen. Now, click any one window of them according to your desire.
- Thirdly, adjust or resize the split windows by hovering the courser over the dividing line until it becomes a two-headed arrow. And then, Click and hold the arrow and move it to adjust the snap window.
NB: Sometimes, Snap Assist may work weirdly. And don’t be upset but check the startup programs and look for the apps that conflict with Snap Assist. And disable the suspected apps from the Startup launching. And it will fix the unpredicted behavior of the Snap Assist.
Split Screen On Windows 10 By Using Taskbar.
There is an option to split and arrange all opened windows side by side at the taskbar of the Windows OS. And it can be the most straightforward way of splitting the screen in windows 10. And if you want to split the screen using the taskbar, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, Open Two or More windows/apps/programs.
- After that, right-click on the taskbar.
- Now, Select Show Windows Stacked (It will split you into upper and lower segment positions).
- Or, select show Window Side By Side (It will snap two windows in side by side position).
Split Screen On Windows 10 By Using Third-Party Apps.
Due to some limitations and disadvantages of snap Assist, some pro users use third-party apps to split the screen. And nowadays, there is plenty of third-party software available on the internet. Among them, some are free, and some are subscriptions or paid. And, of course, some extra features are provided in these apps, which make them superior. Some prominent third-party apps for the split screen on windows 10 are given below.
- Shutter Split Screen
You can use any of them, and every individual app has its unique operating procedure. So, follow the third-party’s manual on how to use video to split screen on windows 10.
Split Screen On Windows 10 By Using FancyZones With Microsoft PowerToys.
For trust and various factors, if you are unwilling to use the third-party apps for the split screen on windows 10. Then, you have an alternative, and this is Microsoft PowerToys’s FancyZones feature. Besides that, Microsoft PowerToys’s FancyZones has more than 15 modules. And which can be enabled or disabled according to the user’s needs & desires. Therefore, it is not very hard to install Microsoft PowerToys from the Microsoft store and use it. In addition, here are the guide and resources for the PowerToys. After installing the PowerToys on windows 10, follow the instructions below to split the screen using the PowerToys.
- Firstly, Open the PowerToys and click on FancyZones from the left panel.
- Secondly, enable the FancyZones Setting by toggling the slider to the left.
- Thirdly, Click On Launch Layout Editor and select your desired layouts or create accordingly to your necessity.
- Fourthly, Press the Shift Key On the Keyboard And Press The Right Button Of The Mouse at any open window. And Drop The windows according to your selected Layout.
How To Split Screen On Two Monitors Windows 10
It is effortless to split the screen between two monitors. For example, suppose you use two monitors and want to Split Screen on Windows 10. Then drag the window you want to split and drop it to another monitor display. And now your window snap will be on the secondary monitor. This method can be applied to windows 11 also.
How To Split Screen On Windows 11
Alike windows 10, you can split screen on windows 11 also. The procedure is slightly different, but a significant portion of the process is identical. There are multiple ways to split screen on Windows 11. And most prominent and easy methods are as given below.
Split Screen On Windows 11 By Using Snap Layout.
Microsoft provides a system utility for split screens, and it is a Snap layout. And by using this utility, it is easy and time-consuming to split screens on Windows 11. In addition, there is a multiple screen splitting setup available. And you can split your screen up to four screens at a single time according to needs and desire. So, follow the steps below for using snap layout and splitting screen on Windows 11.
Enabling Snap Layout On Windows 11.
If you want to Snap Layout on windows 11, you must enable it first. Most of the time, it is enabled by default. But in case of not allow the feature, you can not use it. So, check and enable snap layout if it is not enabled. And to do the same, follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, click on the Start Icon of the taskbar of Windows 11 and click on Setting Tab.
- Secondly, System Tab From The Left. After That, Click On Multitasking.
- Thirdly, Toggle the slider to the right and enable the Snap Layout.
- Finally, scroll down and select various options by checking or unchecking according to your needs.
Using Windows 11 Snap Layout For Split Screen.
As mentioned earlier, Snap Layout is much easier and less time-consuming for splitting the screen. And it is as simple as you think because there is no need to use a drag-and-drop procedure. In addition, you can split the screen into various spam with a few clicks. So, let’s do it.
- After enabling Snap layout, hover the course at the maximize button of any open window.
- There will be one to six different options for splitting the window. And select any of them according to your best fit.
- Finally, Select Any Open Window You Want To Split With Previous One.
Split Screen On Windows 11 By Using Mouse.
There is an option for splitting the screen by using the mouse. And you can do it easily in Windows 11. It is a classical way of split screen on Windows 11. And if you are interested in using the mouse to split screen on windows 11, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, Open all your desired windows.
- Secondly, click at the top edge of any active window and hold it.
- Thirdly, select the place of the screen where you want to put it.
- Fourthly, release the mouse button or drop it on display.
- Fifthly, Repeat the same procedure for another open window.
- Finally, resize them by hovering the mouse pointer at any edge of the windows and pressing the right button and resize it.
You can split the screen into two, three, or four and snap the active window using the mouse. But, again, it depends on your purpose and desire.
Split Screen On Windows 11 By Using Keyboard Shortcuts.
Alike windows 10, you can split screen by using the keyboard on windows 11. However, there are some keyboard shortcuts you have to use in this regard. And by this way, you can split the screen according to your needs. If you want to split screen on keyboard shortcuts, follow the instructions below.
- Use WINDOWS + LEFT/RIGHT ARROW KEY and split the screen into two snaps.
- WINDOWS + UP/DOWN + LEFT /RIGHT ARROW KEY and split screen into three snaps.
- Press ALT + TAB to change the active window or jump to a different window.
Recommended Reading: How To Screenshot On Windows 10 & 11 Easily And quickly?
Split screen on windows 10 & 11 is a straightforward task. And you can do it in various ways. After reading this article, you will find it simpler and more convenient. So, choose the method of splitting the screen which fits you the best and enjoy. If you have any doubts, questions, or queries, feel free to let me know by commenting below.
Have a good day. And Good Luck!