Uninstalling BlueStacks is hazardous for many general computer users. Due to its characteristics of changing the device system files and providing the benefit of running apps like android devices. It is not easy to uninstall BlueStacks. And you are here for the sake of the same problem. But give close attention to today’s article. You will find the process easy and effective to uninstall BlueStacks from your device.
BlueStacks is an emulator that allows us to run android apps to the computer. It works in windows and mac operating systems. And it was founded in 2009 in California. In 2011 the BlueStacks launched its main feature blue stacks app player. It has a basic feature that is free to download and use. And the advance feature required a monthly subscription fee. Nowadays, the apps downloaded over 1 billion times.
Is BlueStacks a virus?
Necessarily Bluestacks is not a virus or malware. It is designed to enhance the feature of the computer. And the feature is to play android apps on a computer. It is safe for the device if it is downloaded from the official site of Bluestacks. But sometimes, due to avoiding subscription fees, some people download its cracked version. This cracked version may contain unusual codes, which make it a virus, and it is also harmful to the computer. In a nutshell, it is safe for the device until it is downloaded from an unauthorized source.
Does BlueStacks ruin your computer?
As with other software in our, computer Bluestacks is a software. And it has nothing to ruin a computer. Bluestacks assured its efficacy and efficiency by providing updates from time to time. It is safe and does not ruin the computer if it is only downloaded from an authentic source, I mean only from the official site of Bookstacks.
How do I Uninstall Bluestacks from my computer?
We may want to uninstall apps and programs to make some free space in our device for not using apps and programs. And sometimes, we find better apps or programs instead of the present one, so we want to uninstall the old one. In consequence of this, you may want to uninstall Bluestacks from your device. Okay, that’s fine; there is an easy and simple way to uninstall Bluestacks from the device. As we know at the beginning, Bluestacks can download and install on windows and mac computers. So, we will discuss the method that will uninstall Bluestacks from windows and Mac. Let’s dive into the details.
Uninstalling Bluestacks From Windows.
Like other apps, in many ways, BlueStacks can uninstall. If you want to uninstall from windows, you can do it in many ways. I will show two of them here. So, let’s begin.
Uninstalling Bluestacks By Start Menu.
Like other programs, Bluestacks has an uninstallation option from the start menu. Follow the step below to uninstall Bluestacks from the start menu.
- Click On Start.
- Select Bluestacks From The Programs List.
- Right Click On Bluestacks.
- Click On More.
- And Click On Open File Location.
- Now, Double Click On Uninstall BlueStacks.
- Click On Yes.
- Select The Why And Click On Uninstall.
Uninstalling Bluestacks From Control Panel.
We can also uninstall Bluestacks from the control panel. Follow the steps below for uninstalling Bluestacks from the control Panel.
- Type Control Panel On Search Box.
- Click On Open.
- Click On Programs And Features.
- Select Bluestacks From Program List.
- Click On Uninstall.
- Click Yes.
- Select Reason Of Uninstall, And Again, Click On Uninstall.
Removing Bluestacks From Registry And Temp Folder.
Your uninstallation is not complete until you remove the leftover from the windows registry. Along with this, you must delete the item from the temporary folder. To do the same, follow the steps below.
Remove The BlueStacks From Windows Registry.
- Right Click On Windows Icon Of The Taskbar.
- Click On Run.
- Type “Regedit” And Press Enter.
- Click On Yes.
- Again, Click On HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- After That Click On Software.
- Find And Click On BlueStacks_nxt Or BlueStacksinstaller.
- Select All Item From The Left Panel.
- Press Delete And Click On Yes.
Clearing The Temp Folder By Deleting All Item From It.
There is a possibility that a temporary folder of the windows may store some files. So, by deleting the temporary files, we can clear them. To do the same, follow the steps below.
- Right Click On Window Icon Of The Taskbar.
- Click On System.
- Now, Click On Storage.
- After That, Click On Temporary Files.
- Finally, Click On Remove Files.
Uninstalling BlueStacks By Using BlueStacks Uninstaller.
The BlueStacks give an uninstaller application. We can use it for uninstalling. Follow the steps below to uninstall BlueStacks using the official uninstaller from BlueStacks.
- Download The Bluestacks Uninstaller.
- Open Download Folder.
- Run The Uninstaller As Administrator.
- Click On Yes.
After Completing The Uninstallation, It Will show the Message Of Completion.
Uninstalling By Third-Party Uninstaller.
The better option for uninstalling any apps or programs from windows is by using a third-party uninstaller. It is a hazard-free and less time-consuming approach for uninstalling apps from windows. There is plenty of them available in the free and paid version. You can use one of them which you trust. For the shake of demonstration purpose, here I am using RevoUinstaller. First, download your favorite uninstaller and install it on your computer. Then follow the steps below to uninstall BlueStacks by a third-party uninstaller.
- Open The Uninstaller.
- Select The BlueStacks And Click On Uninstall.
- Tell The Reason And Click On Uninstall.
- Again Click On Uninstall.
- Again Click On Uninstall.
- After Completing The Uninstall, Click On Scan.
- When Scanning Complete, Click On Select All And Click On Delete.
- Click On Yes.
- Again, Click On Select All And Click On Delete.
- Click On Yes For Giving Permission Of Delete.
- Finally, Close The Uninstaller.
How to uninstall bluestacks on mac?
Uninstall BlueStacks Manually.
The same process of uninstalling apps from mac is applicable to uninstall BlueStacks. But in this BlueStacks apps, you have to remove leftovers from the system. Uninstalling BlueStacks from mac is a complicated process but not impossible. Follow the steps below to uninstall BlueStacks from your mac.
Close The Bluestacks Completely If It Is Running.
- For closing, the BlueStacks do the following.
- Right Click On The BlueStacks Icon.
- Click On Path On Exit The App.
- Now, Open The Go And Utility.
- After That Quit From Associated Process.
Uninstalling The BlueStacks.
- Go To Finder And Select Applications.
- Open Application Folder.
- Find The App Named As BlueStacks.
- Right Click On It And Select Move To Trash.
- Finally, Empty The Trash.
Deleting The Leftovers.
The uninstallation process has not been completed yet. You must delete the leftovers of BlueStacks for the sake of complete uninstallation. Do the following to remove the leftovers from the mac.
- Launch The Finder.
- Select The Option Go.
- After That, Click On Visit Folder.
- Now Type /Library In The Appeared Box And Press Enter.
- Again, Type BlueStacks On The Recent Appeared Box.
- Click or Select The Library Button.
- Find Out The File Which Contains The Name BlueStacks And Delete.
- Finally, Check Other Additional Folder For Leftovers Of BlueStack As Given Below.
If you find a file’s name associated with BlueStacks, select it and delete it in the above folder. Perform the process for every folder.
After deleting the leftovers from all folders, empty the trash.
Uninstalling BlueStacks On Mac By Third-Party Uninstaller.
You can uninstall BlueStacks on mac by using a third-party uninstaller. In this case, you will need to download and install an uninstaller. Apple provides an uninstaller for free use, and you can use it to uninstall BlueStacks. Perform the task below to uninstall BlueStacks by apple provided uninstaller.
- Go To The Site And Download Apple Uninstaller.
- Run The Uninstaller And Uninstall The BlueStacks.
We may install various apps for boosting performance and enjoying various virtual enjoyments in our daily computer uses. But when it comes to uninstalling the apps, some apps are critical to uninstall. But applying the above-said methods, anyone can uninstall the BlueStacks from any operating system easily and completely. And I firmly believe that the method discussed here for uninstalling the BlueStacks will reduce the time of uninstalling and provide you with a hazard-free uninstallation of BlueStacks. If you have any queries, questions, or suggestions, please let us know. It will be appreciable. Last but not least, if you found this article helpful, please care about it by sharing it with others. That’s all bout for today.
Frequently Asked Question.