You should know how to login as administrator in windows 10 when changing significant settings of the windows operating system because there is a requirement of administrative privilege. A standard account works for serving the ordinary task of daily computer uses. But if you want to install software and hardware, remove, or uninstall software, access all types of folders and files, modify the security settings, you need to login as an administrator. The good news is you can use the standard user account as an administrator account by converting the type of the account.
Why Is Login As Administrator Required?
If the login account type is not administrator, then there will be an inability to perform various tasks on the computer. Without login to an administrator account in Windows, you cannot do whatever you want to do on your device. Entering the restricted area of the system and changing settings requires you to log in as an administrator. Moreover, it prevents allowing the changes to secure the system from accidental damage. Thus, for changing sophisticated settings and running third-party apps or programs, the question of how to login as administrator in windows 10 occurs.
How To Login As Administrator In Windows 10?
Practically, there are two types of user accounts in the Windows operating system. One is a standard user account, and another is an administrator user account. The standard user account helps perform routine daily computing activities such as using default apps or programs, surfing the web, emailing, enjoying steaming services, etc. On the contrary, you need to log in as an administrator to change the configuration of the system settings and enter the typically restricted area of the windows operating system. In addition, there is a hidden account named administrator, and you can change any account to an administrator account.
There are various ways of login in as an administrator in windows 10. Some are simple, others require extra effort, and those are advanced. I will discuss both, and you will learn how to login as an administrator in windows 10. Whether you are an average user or an expert, after reading this article, you will find that logging in as an administrator is an effortless task for you. So, let’s begin.
Know Your Windows Account Type.
Before doing anything, it is best to know the account type you are login right now. If you are using an administrator account type, you may not need to perform any task. On the other hand, if your account type is not an administrator, you can easily make it. To know your windows login account type, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Click On the Start Button Of The Taskbar.
- Step 2: Click On Picture or Icon Of The Current Account.
- Step 3: Click On Change Account Settings.
At the dialogue box appeared, if it is showing “Administrator,” then you are login as the administrator account type. If there is not showing the administrator, then you are login with the Standard account type.
Simple Way Of Login As Administrator In Windows 10.
There is a simple and easiest way to login as an administrator in windows 10. By which you can get the administrator account type access to your computer. And this will allow you to perform any task as administrator on the device. So, let’s begin.
Login As Administrator In Windows 10 By Enabling Windows Default Administrator Account.
There is a by default administrator account is available in every Windows 10. But necessarily, these administrator accounts are always in hidden and inactive mode. But if you want to enable this account, you have the option. So, you can easily log in as an administrator in windows 10 by enabling the hidden default administrator account of the windows operating system. For login as administrator in windows 10, by enabling the built-in administrator account, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Type Command Prompt On Taskbar.
- Step 3: Click On Run As Administrator.
- Step 3: Enter Username And Password (If Requires)
- Step 4: Now Type “net user administrator /active:yes.”
- Step 3: Press Enter On Keyboard.
N.B: If you want to disable the administrator account, type the following command and press enter.
“net user administrator/active:no.”
Advance Way Of Login As Administrator In Windows 10.
There are some advanced ways to get administrative privilege on your computer permanently. And you do not have to worry about how to log in as administrator in windows 10 in the future. It requires a little more effort, so why are those an advanced option. But you can do it easily at any time and reverse it to its normal mode (if you want). So, let’s dive into deep detail.
Login As Administrator In Windows 10 By Changing Standard User Account To Administrator Account.
You have the power to convert a standard user account to an administrator account in the windows operating system. And when you enter this existing account, you will automatically log in as an administrator in windows 10. If you change your current standard account to an administrator account type, then the question of how to login as administrator in windows 10 will be gone forever. To do the same, follow the step below.
- Step 1: Type Control Panel On Taskbar.
- Step 2: Click On Open.
- Step 3: Click On User Account.
- Step 4: Click On Change Account Type.
- Step 5: Select Administrator.
- Step 6: Click On Change Account Type.
Login As Administrator In Windows 10 By Creating a New Administrator Account.
You can create a new user account in Windows 10 at any time. And utilizing the opportunity of creating a new account with administrator account type, you can solve your question of how to login as administrator in windows 10. Therefore, do the following for creating a new user account with administrative privilege.
- Step 1: Right Click On the Windows Icon Of The Taskbar.
- Step 2: Click On Settings.
- Step 3: Click On Account.
- Step 4: Click On Family & Other Users.
- Step 5: Click On Someone Else To This Pc.
- Step 6: Click On I Don’t Have This Person’s Sign-in Information.
- Step 7: Click On Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Step 8: Type New Username And Password.
- Step 9: Select Security Question And Make Answer.
- Step 10: Click On Next.
- Step 11: Click On Newly Created Account And Again, Click On Change Account Type.
- Step 12: Select Account Type Administrator And Click On Ok.
Login As Administrator In Windows 10 By Using Registry Of Windows.
A registry is the index of the windows operating system, and by changing account type in the registry, you can quickly log in as administrator all the time. For any reason, if you want to change the account type from administrator to standard, you can do it any time. Follow the steps below to get the administrator account type from the windows registry.
- Step 1: Type Registry On Taskbar And Click On Run As Administrator.
- Step 2: Go To The Following Path:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ SpecialAccounts\UserList
- Step 3: Right Click On User List And Select New After That Click On DWORD 32/64 Value.
- Step 4: Type The Value Name “Administrator” And Press Enter On Keyboard.
- Step 5: Double click the DWORD registry value.
- Step 6: Give Value To “0” And Click On Ok.
- Step 7: Close The Registry Editor And Restart The Computer.
N.B: These methods can apply to Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012. For disabling the login as administrator from the registry, set the delete the Administrator Value.
Caution: There is a massive chance of a severe problem occurring for the wrong modification of the registry. So, the recommendation is to take a backup of the present registry before modifying it.
Login as Administrator in Windows 10 By Using Group Policy Settings
Group policy is a vitally important and valuable feature of the Windows operating system. By utilizing the group policy setting, you can easily log in as an administrator in windows 10. So, follow the steps below for login as an administrator by using the group policy setting.
- Step 1: Right Click On the Windows Icon Of The Taskbar And Click On Run.
- Step 2: Type gpedit.MSC And Press Enter On Keyboard.
- Step 3: Double Click On Computer Configuration.
- Step 4: After That, Double Click On Windows Settings.
- Step 5: Now, Click On Security Settings.
- Step 5: Again, Click On Local Policy And Go To Security Option.
- Step 6: Double Click On Accounts: Administrator Account Status option.
- Step 7: Select Enable And Click On Apply And Ok.
N.B: For Disabling the login as an administrator, select the disabled option at Step 7. This method does not apply to the windows 10 home edition.
The all-possible ways of login as an administrator in windows 10 I have described here. And by implementing the method, you can quickly log in as an administrator on your Windows Pc. After reading the article, I firmly hope and believe that you will not face any damp problem with how to login as an administrator in windows 10. So, let’s enjoy.