wdf_violation windows 10 or 11 may occur anytime during the use of the computer in our daily life. And it is a bothersome experience for Windows OS users. But most of us fix the WDF_ Violation blue screen error by spending little time and attention. Suppose you are going through the WDF_ Violation blue screen issue with your computer right now. In that case, you can fix it effectively by reading and implementing this article’s strategies. And yes, if you do not have enough time, money, or facilities to go to an expert to fix the issue. You can do it by reading this article. In this regard, you need to read this article and be patient in applying the fixing methods. So, let’s dive into the detail.
Background Assumptions Of The WDF_ Violation Blue Screen Issue.
Windows Driver Framework (WDF) is a bunch of elements that ensure and create the device drivers for the system. When a substantial error occurs to any framework driver, the blue screen error happens with the message of WDF – Violation. In a nutshell, the WDF_ Violation blue screen error is nothing but a problem of a corrupted framework-based driver. And the driver is associated with the hardware.
Various reasons may involve for occurring the wdf_violation windows 10 issue. Most commonly, the corrupted driver, especially the keyboard & Bluetooth. In Addition, System file corruption may be responsible for the wdf_violation windows problem. Besides, viruses, malware, or ransomware infection may lead to the problem. Finally, a corrupted USB device connected to the computer may occur the wdf_violation windows 10 issue.
How To Fix Wdf_Violation Blue Screen Error on Windows 11/10
After getting the background assumptions, it is time to fix the wdf_violation. Due to not confirming the exact reason, every possible fix should apply to dissolve the wdf_violation. And here are the step-by-step effective fixes. Implement the methods one after another and check for the wdf_violation problem. You do not need to apply the remaining methods when you find the problem solved. So, let’s start.
Fixation No. 01: Check & Repair System File Corruption.
Most of the time, corruption in system files may lead to various issues for a computer. And wdf_violation is one of them. Besides, Simply repairing the system file corruption can fix numerous computer-related disorders. So, checking and repairing the system file corruption will immediately help fix the wdf_violation problem. And to do the same, follow the steps below.
- Type Command Prompt On Search Box Of The Task Bar And Click On Open From The Left.
- After Opening The Command Prompt, Type SFC/ Scannow And Press Enter.
- Again, Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth And Press Enter.
- Now, Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth And Press Enter On Keyboard.
After completing the full process close the command prompt and restart the computer. If the problem dissolves, then enjoy your computing. However, if not getting a positive result, follow the next fixation method.
Fixation No. 02: Have A Look For Virus Or Malware.
Viruses, Malware, or Ransomware, can cause multiple issues on a computer. And the wdf_violation error may be one of them. But you can fix the issue of wdf_violation by identifying and removing dangerous viruses or malware from the system. And for performing the task, follow the instructions below.
Check By Windows’ built-in virus scanner.
The Windows OS comes with a built-in virus scanner. As a result, you may utilize them to check for viruses. Follow the instructions below to do this.
- Type Virus & Threat Protection on the taskbar’s search box and click on Open from the left panel.
- After that, click on Scan Options and Select Full Scan.
- Finally, click on Scan Now.
Check By Third-Party Antivirus.
There are several commercial and unpaid third-party antivirus applications available. Select one of these and install it on the device. After installation, carry out the further actions.
- Open your third-party Antivirus; after that, go to Protection.
- Now Open The Antivirus Feature On The Protection Tab.
- Finally, Click On System Scan Or Full Scan.
Fixation No. 03: Verify Driver By Driver Verifier.
For finding and fixing a variety of driver problems that are known to result in system failures, corruption, or other unexpected behaviors, Microsoft provides the Driver Verifier utility on Windows OS. So, for fixing the wdf_violation error on your computer, you can run and verify all drivers for proper functioning. And to do the same, follow the steps below.
- Type the command prompt on the taskbar’s search box and click on Run as Administrator from the left panel.
- Click on Yes to provide Administrator Permission.
- After opening the command prompt, Type the verifier and Press Enter On Keyboard.
- Now, Select Create Standard Settings from the Window And Click On Next.
- Finally, select Automatically all drivers installed on this computer and Click On Finish.
- After completing the diagnostic process, follow the instructions for dissolving the wdf_violation error.
- The machine can crash if Driver Verifier is run.
- Don’t enable Driver Verifier’s Deadlock Detection if Norton Antivirus is installed.
- To use Driver Verifier, you must be a member of the computer’s Administrators group.
- You must run Driver Verifier after you have backed up all of your crucial data and files.]
Fixation No. 04: Remove USB Devices And Faulty Keyboard Driver From PC.
Remove All USB devices.
Most of the time, major users use USB ports for connecting keyboards, mice, flash drives, webcams, etc. But the corrupting USB port may occur the wdf_violation issue. So, remove all devices attached to the USB port and restart the computer.
Remove Faulty HP Keyboard Driver.
In the case of using an HP laptop, the wdf_violation may happen due to the faulty driver of the keyboard. And in this regard, you can fix the issue by removing the keyboard driver of your HP laptop. So, remove the keyboard driver and restart your machine for bootup.
Fixation No: 05 Reinstall Bluetooth & Keyboard Driver.
The faulty driver is the main culprit for WDF_Violation blue screen error. And among them, the Bluetooth and keyboard driver is prominent. So, reinstalling these two components’ drivers will fix the issue immediately. And to do the same, follow the instructions below.
Uninstall The Driver.
If you want to reinstall any driver, it must be uninstalled first. And in the same manner, first, uninstall Bluetooth and keyboard driver. And to do the same, follow the steps below.
- Type Device Manager on the taskbar’s search box and click on Open.
- After that, find out Bluetooth driver and right-click it.
- Now, click on Uninstall device from the appeared window.
In the same way, uninstall the Keyboard driver.
Install The Driver.
After completely uninstalling the driver, it is time to install it again. So, follow the procedure below to complete the task.
- Download the latest driver from the official website.
- Go to the download folder.
- Double click on the downloaded file and follow the screen appeared instructions.
Fixation No. 06: Change BIOS Settings.
Improper BIOS setting has an intention for occurring the wdf_violation blue screen error. And to dissolve the issue, some changes in the BIOS settings are required. So, follow the steps below.
Disable USB Port From BIOS Settings.
After reinstalling the driver, if your wdf_violation problem did not dissolve, you should try disabling the USB port from the BIOS settings. And to do the same, follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, restart your computer and enter the bios setup by pressing Del/F2 key during the computer’s bootup.
- Secondly, in the BIOS settings menu, go to Advanced Tab > Miscellaneous Devices > External USB Ports.
- Thirdly, disable External USB ports by selecting them from the menu.
- Finally, select Save & Exit Or Press F10 from the keyboard.
After completing the process, your computer will boot up. And now look for whether the wdf_violation error exists or not if there is no chance the follow the procedure below.
Set The BIOS To Default Mode.
If you can not fix the wdf_violation bluescreen error, you should try and fix it by resetting the BIOS to its default mode. And, of course, you can do it by entering BIOS. So, follow the steps below to do the same.
- Firstly, restart the computer and press Del Or F2 key during the bootup process.
- Now, go to Advanced Tab from the upper menu.
- After that, find our Reset Configuration Data and set it to Yes.
- Finally, save the changes by selecting Save & Exit Or press F10 from the keyboard.
Depending on the manufacturer, the bios menu can be different. If you cannot find it appropriately, check your manufacturer’s manual. And reset your device’s BIOS accordingly.
Fixation No. 07: Update BIOS To The Latest Version
The problem with the wdf_violation might be caused by an outdated BIOS. Due to an old version, many devices’ drivers may not be compatible with the BIOS. And ultimately, the wdf_violation blue screen error occurs. Therefore, upgrading the BIOS will aid in solving the sluggish boot problem. To perform the task, follow the procedure below.
- First, get the most recent BIOS update from the manufacturer’s website.
- Then, unzip it and transfer the files to a flash drive.
- Third, Insert the flash drive into the device.
- Enter The BIOS setup by pressing the Del Or F3 key during the computer’s startup.
- Finally, update the BIOS using its menu option.
[Caution: The most challenging and potentially dangerous task is upgrading the BIOS. So, in this case, a professional opinion is advised. If not, proceed at your own risk.]
Fixation No. 08: Check & Ensure HDD Or SSD Drive’s Health.
Some hard drive health issues can be stimulated and will be the reason for the wdf_violation blue screen problem. Among the hard drive health issue, disk fragmentation and shortage of Storage is common. And you can check the disk drive error and fragmentation and increase the disk space easily. So, follow the steps one after another to check and ensure the sound health of the hard disk drive of your computer.
Run Windows Check Disk Utility.
You can check and correct any hard disk issue by running the check disk utility. And to perform the task, Windows OS provides a built-in utility. So, run the utility and dissolve the hard drive issue on the device. To do the same, follow the instructions below.
- Type Command prompts on the search box of the taskbar.
- After opening the command prompt, type chkdsk and press enter on the keyboard.
- When the procedure is complete, close the command prompt.
Run Disk Clean Up Utility.
Sometimes garbage or unnecessary data might accumulate on an SSD or HDD. And the hard drive may run with insufficient disk space. As a result, the various problem happens to the computer. And the wdf_violation blue screen issue may be one of them. So, make some more spaces on the hard drive by running the disk clean-up. And to complete the assignment, adhere to the procedures listed below.
- Click the Start Icon of the taskbar and select Settings.
- After that, choose the system from the appeared window.
- Now, select Storage from the left side.
- Slide the slider to the right to enable Storage Sense.
- Finally, Remove Files by selecting the Delete icon next to Temporary Files.
Fixation No. 09: Perform A Clean boot.
A clean computer boot has the ability and capacity to fix the wdf_violation blue screen error. When the machine boots up using this booting option, the other software will not run. And we frequently install applications and services from third parties. Therefore, several factors, including the existence of this program, may be to blame for the error wdf_violation issue. And the clean boot will thus stop running the programs at startup when we conduct a clean boot. The clean boot will resolve the issue with the wdf_violation blue screen problem. So, make clean bootup by doing the following actions.
- Firstly, Type Run On The Taskbar And Press Enter.
- Secondly, Type “msconfig” And Press Enter. (Without Inverted comma).
- Thirdly, Go To General Tab And Click On Selective Startup.
- Fourthly, Uncheck The Load Startup Item.
- Finally, Click On Apply And Ok.
After completing the process, Exit from the window. And Restart your computer.
Fixation No. 10: Use System Restore Utility.
One of the main features of the Windows operating system is restored points. It is essential for preserving operating system settings and system data. In the event of any unsure operating system breakdown or malfunction, anyone may use this restore point. The system will return to its previous state after deployment. If system restore is enabled, it will function. Additionally, it can be helpful to dissolve the wdf_violation error. Therefore, follow the instructions below to create a system restore and implement it and fix the wdf_violation windows 10 problem.
- Type On the taskbar, create a restore point, then click “Open.”
- Click Create now (Create A Restore Point Right Now).
- Give A Name, then click “Create” once more.
- Click on Next after finishing the process.
- After that, Select Show more restore points (if available). There will be a list of Automatic Restore Point created by Windows OS.
- Again, Select the restore the point created before the WDF_VIOLATION issue started.
- Now, click on next and follow the screen appeared instructions.
- After completing the process, the computer will automatically restart and fix your wdf_violation problem.
If your can does not start your computer, then you may apply the process by starting your computer on a safe mode. Besides, you can also run the utility from the Automatic Repair option of Windows OS.
Fixation No. 11: Perform A Startup Repair.
If you have applied all the above-said fixation and the wdf_violation blue screen error does not fix, then you have to perform a system startup repair. You will need a Windows installation DVD or flash drive to perform this action. So, after making or confirming an installation disk to boot up the PC, you can run the startup repair. To do the same, follow the procedures below.
- Insert the installation DVD or flash drive to the computer.
- After that, click on the Start icon of the taskbar and click on setting.
- Click on Update & Security and Select Recovery from the left panel.
- Again, Click on Restart Now under the Advanced startup.
- Finally, your computer will be restarted and follow the screen appeared procedure.
Fixation No. 12: Uninstall Distrustful Apps Or Programs.
Most of the time, we added different apps and programs to the system to solve particular problems. But eventually, we could stop using the applications or programs altogether. However, even though we are not utilizing them, these applications or apps take up and demand system resources. In addition, some apps or programs may happen with the wdf_violation blue screen error. Therefore, removing unused apps or programs will immediately dissolve wdf_violation blue screen error. Follow the steps below to replicate it.
- Type “Control Panel” into the search bar, then click “Open” to access the control panel.
- Then choose Programs & Features.
- Next, select Not Using Apps Or Programs by clicking on it from the list of programs.
- Finally, select Uninstall from the top tab and then select Yes.
Fixation No. 13: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
Memory is an essential piece of computer hardware. WDF_Violation bluescreen Windows 10 problems might occasionally be memory related. Therefore, doing a memory check and taking remedial action will be beneficial to resolving the wdf_violation bluescreen problem in Windows 10 & 11.
Follow these steps to diagnose and resolve the memory problem.
Replace the RAM after removing it.
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect every power source (Remove Battery In Case Of Laptop).
- Take Out The RAM From The Slot (And Clean It).
- The RAM into its slot.
- Start the computer after plugging it into power.
Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.
- Type “Windows Memory Diagnostic” At Taskbar And Click On Open.
- Click On “Restart Now And Check For Problems.”
- After Starting The Computer, Wait For Completing The Process.
Fixation No. 14: Use The Windows BSOD troubleshooter.
A BSOD troubleshooter is a built-in feature offered by Microsoft to address the multiple blue screens of death issue. It will correct the wdf_violation blue screen of the death problem. Therefore, if you implement the next job, you may do it swiftly. Unfortunately, Windows 10 versions 1809 and later do not support the BOSD troubleshooter. However, some third-party software is accessible to resolve the problem, and most provide premium editions. Suppose the BOSD troubleshooter is not available in your version of the Windows operating system. In that case, you can use one of them. Run the blue screen troubleshooter if you use a Windows 10 earlier than 1809. And to do the same, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, Type Control Panel On Taskbar And Click On Open.
- Secondly, Click On Troubleshooting And Click On View All.
- Thirdly, Right Click On Blue Screen Troubleshooter And Select Run As Administrator.
- Fifthly, Click On Advance.
- Finally, Check The Apply Repairs Automatically And Click On Next.
Follow the directions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting procedure if the troubleshooter finds issues.
Fixation No. 15: Reinstall The Windows OS.
Suppose you can not fix the wdf_violation blue screen error after implementing all the methods. Then it is the right time to reinstall your Windows OS. Sometimes, it is hard to trace or identify the source of some crucial system error associated with the registry issue. And it may happen with the wdf_violation blue screen error. In this situation, reinstalling the Windows OS will effectively solve the problem. Therefore, reinstall Windows OS on your device and wipe out the wdf_violation windows 10 problem. And to do the same, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, create a Windows 10 installation media and the complete procedure you can find here: Create windows 10 installation media In USB Easily.
- Secondly, connect the USB flash drive which contains the installation media to the computer and turn it on.
- Thirdly, Go to the boot option by pressing Del Or F2 key on the keyboard (the key may vary depending on the device’s manufacturer).
- Fourthly, Under the boot order section of the BIOS, select boot from USB Drive.
- Finally, remove the flash drive and restart the PC when the installation is complete.
After reinstalling the Windows your existing wdf_violation windows 10 problem will be fixed. Then enjoy your computing.
In this article, I have described the reason and explained how to fix the wdf_violation windows 10/11 problem. And I firmly believe reading and implementing the fixation methods will be helpful and effective in performing the wdf_violation fix. Moreover, if you have any questions, quires, confusion, or suggestions regarding the wdf_violation fix, let me know by commenting below. I love to hear you and make a possible answer. That is all about wdf_violation windows 11/10 for today. Have a good day.