Discord search broken is a worse experience for the people who use discord for their daily hangout. It is an exciting and helpful streaming server service, especially for the socially active person with friends and followers. Along with this, this streaming app is much more prevalent among gamers. For smooth and uninterrupted communication, it is popular with some businesspersons also.
How do you search on discord?
Like other social communicating and helpful apps, the discord also has a search option. By This search option, any Discord user can find various channels, another user, mentioning user, link embed or file, according to date (during, before, after), etc.
For this, one must go Discord dashboard, and from the upper left corner, there is an option for search. By typing according to search intension, you can get things. You can find a specific word in discord by using the filtering option here. Suppose you want to find out another user; in this case, you must operate from the user. There are seven filtering options; by choosing one, you can search with a specific word here.
Why is Discord search not working?
Finding out the reason will help to solve any problem quickly and effectively. For this, it will be helpful to know the cause of the discord search being broken. It is hard to say that one or any specific reason may happen the problem of the discord search bar not working. But there is some possible reason for the happening of discord search broken. Let’s know it.
Causes of discord search not working:
- Discord server’s issue: As we initially learned, discord is a vast, engaged community. And in 2021, discord obtained 140 million active users worldwide. For heavy load, the discord server maybe fail, be down, or even be under construction for maintenance purposes. And when there is some server issue from the Discord sides occur, it may cause the problem of discord search is broken.
- Interrupted internet connection: Internet connection play a vital role for any streaming service. And because discord is also such an app, things may happen for an internet connection. For bad internet, the local DNS server can’t connect with the Discord server, and the discord search problem exists.
- Windows Defender Firewall: A built-in security feature of windows is a firewall. It protects our device from various harmful things and activities of others, such as viruses, malware, ransomware, worm, and stealing out private data from hackers. But unfortunately, it may take discord as a threat to the device’s security and prevent it from performing usually. In this situation, the existing discord search for users is not working.
- Backdated Discord Which Needs Update: An update is an essential part of any apps or program. But many times, we miss updates for various reasons. But when the latest version is running by the discord server, and we use the obsolete one, the problem of discord search broken may arise.
- API’s problem of Discord: Discord API or plugin may have been affected with various bugs or like this thing and go out of order. In this situation, it is customary to occur the problem of discord is broken.
- Corrupted or Malfunctioning Cache: Cache files are created and stored data temporarily for future use. With the help of cache, we can access and use apps and features quickly. But many times, it may corrupt, damaged, or full of junk. It is may another reason for discord search down.
- Failure of Discord Feature To Work Accordingly: Some Discord features such as better discord may work wrongly. Along with this, the streaming service may not interact with the search feature due to acting normally. And for such an issue, the discord search broken problem happens.
The above-said reason will help to understand the problem. It will provide a little bit of assistance to solve the discord search, not working problem. However, whatever the reason, we are here to fix the problem. So, let’s begin.
The Way Of Fixing Discord Search Broken.
There is no specific individual fixing method to solve the discord search is broken problem. So, I am describing here all possible fixes that are capable of dissolving the discord issue within a short time and correctly. But remember you should try them all at a time. Instead, implement one method after finishing the process to check if the problem exists. If the discord search is broken fixed, then leave it there. In case of not getting the discord search problem solved, try the following method. In some cases, you may have to apply more than one method. So, let’s dive into deep with fixation right now.
Fixation No. 1
Checking Your Internet Connection To Fix Discord Search Broken.
We know very well that a slow, mismatched, or interrupted internet connection can create various communication problems with the client-server. So, in the case of discord, a massive possibility of intermittent internet connection can cause the discord search to break. To prevent discord search broken, check your internet connectivity. Does it at the proper speed or not. For checking out, your internet connection, do the following.
- Click On Your Internet Option At Taskbar.
- Now, Click On Network And Internet settings.
- After That, Click On Status And Click On Properties.
- Now look For Your Current Internet Speed.
- Another Option
- Go To Google Fiber Speed Test
- Click On The Play Button (At Right Side)
- Now, Look For Your Current Speed.
Discord Needs 5MB to 50MB per hour download speed. And 1MB to 25MB per hour upload speed. Suppose you found your internet speed below to required Discord speed. Then fix the rate by trying another network connection or upgrading your speed limit by your network service provider.
Fixation No. 2
Restart Discord and PC.
Various errors occur to different apps and programs suddenly. For running a computer in its peak performance, flushing ram and clearing temporary files restarting the computer may be helpful for wiped-out the problem initially. So, to fix the problem, restart your pc and the Discord apps. Often only by doing it, the issue of discord search broken disappeared.
Fixation No. 3
Check The Status of Discord Servers Or Discord Outage.
Discord is free audio, video, and text chat service used by tens of millions of individuals aged 13 and above to communicate and socialize with their friends and communities. There are 140 million active users of discord. So, it creates a significant load on the server. For this reason, the server of the discord may be down for some time. In addition to this, there may be some security reason which has to fix by them. So the server is not in its role now. Also, they may update their discord outage server, or it is in the maintenance phase for some time being. To know the fact, you must check the status of the discord outage. To check, follow the steps below.
- Go To The Website of Discord
- Click On Check Discord Running Status.
- If It Shows All System Operational, Then There Is No Problem.
- If There Is Any Issue With The Discord, They Will Show You.
After checking the status of the discord outage, if there is no problem right now, then apply the following method of fixing discord search broken. But if discord tells you that the discord server has some issue, then wait a couple of times. They will fix the problem, and the existing discord search broken problem will solve automatically.
Fixation No. 4
Check For Updates.
Being a popular communicating app for 13+ aged people, they have the various threatening issue. The bugs and the security of the database are prominent among them. So, they always try their level best to provide secure and healthy environmental app service to their users. For this reason, they deliver updates regularly. If you are not updated with the latest update from discord, the problem may happen, and the discord search is broken for you. Therefore, update your discord immediately. Do to the same I mean updating Discord do the following.
- Close Your Discord App Completely.
- Now Right Click On Discord App Icon.
- After That Click Run As Administrator (If Updates Available It Will Update Automatically).
- Go To Your Play Store.
- Search Discord
- Seek For an Update.
- If Update Available, Then Click On Update.
After updating it (if available), check the asking discord search bar not working problem. Hopefully, it will go for now. If not, then follow the following method.
Fixation No. 5
Disable Windows Defender
The vitally important security measure of our computer is the windows defender firewall. It protects us from bugs, viruses, malware, even from stealing our data from the Pc. So, we can’t avoid using it. But when some error occurs, it may result from confliction of Firewall. By disabling Windows Firewall can fix the problem of discord search down. After solving the problem, you have the option to enable the Firewall again. For disabling the Firewall, for now, do the following.
- Type Windows Defender Firewall On Taskbar Search Box.
- Click On Run As Administrator From The Left.
- To Go Windows Firewall Properties.
- Now Click On Off (At Firewall State)
- After That, Click On Apply And Ok.
- Now Close The Window.
Fixation No. 6
Disable Discord Streamer Mode
Discord users are surrounded by a lot of fans with their streaming features. Hundreds of thousands of users may join a person’s streaming server of discord. It is essential to hide sensitive personal information from unknown fans at this time. In this regard, discord provides Streamer mode. Streamer mode in discord apps offers two options. The first one is enabled streamer mode, and the second is automatically enabled/disabled. The discord search broken problem may happen if the streamer mode is. So, disabling the streamer mode will get rid of the problem. For disabling the streamer mode, do the following.
- Go To Your User Settings At Discord.
- Click On Streamer Mode.
- After That, Disable The Enable Streamer Mode.
- Again Disable The Automatically Enable/Disable.
After disabling the streamer mode, check for the discord search broken problem. If it remains unchanged, apply the following method.
Fixation No. 7
Uninstalling and Reinstalling The Discord App.
It can fix many problems with different apps by uninstalling and reinstalling them. In this regard, there is a lot of possibility of restoring the discord search for users not working by uninstalling and again reinstalling your device. Follow the steps below for uninstalling and reinstalling of Discord app.
Uninstalling The Discord App.
- Right, Click On Windows Icon Of The Taskbar Left Corner.
- Now Click On Setting.
- After That Click On Apps
- Directly From The Drop Down List, Find Discord And Click On It.
- Finally, Click On Uninstall.
Reinstalling The Discord App
- Go To Official Discord
- Download Discord From Here.
- Go To Your Download Folder
- Right Click On Download File
- Click Run As Administrator.
- Finally, Follow The Instruction As Show To Screen.
Fixation No. 8
Launch Discord as admin to fix Discord Search not working.
The administrative authority in windows plays a vital role in better performance. It permits windows to give complete access for an app to perform its full function. Running it as an administrator will get exclusive permission and automatically get updates if it is available. For running discord as an administrator, do the following.
- Right, Click On The Desktop Icon of Discord.
- Click On Run As Administrator.
Fixation No. 9
Clear Discord Cache.
A short form of temporary memory is called cache. It is nothing but a file. This cache file may be corrupt and interrupt the installation process. So, clearing the cache will help fix the present problem of discord search. To remove the cache of discord, do the following.
- Close Discord App Completely.
- Right, Click On Windows Icon On Taskbar And Click On Run.
- Now Type “%appdata%” And Press Enter.
- After That, Find the Discord Folder And Open It.
- Again Select the Cache Folder And Open It.
- Now Select All By Pressing Ctrl+A.
- Finally, Click On Yes To Delete All.
Fixation No. 10
Repair your Errors automatically.
If there is not enough time and you want to go with the hustle of fixing the discord search problem. Then there is an alternative also available. And this is using third-party problem-solving apps. There is plenty of them reasonably available. Use one of them and get rid of the discord search broken issue.
Fixation No. 11
Submit support request For Discord Broken.
After implementing all the above-said methods, if you find your discord search broken problem remains unchanged. Then this is high time to get support from the Discord support team. They are always trying their best to assist users in fixing discord broken. To get help from support, follow the steps below.
- Go To The Discord Website.
- Submit A Request.
- Select Help & Support From Drop Down Menu.
- Now Fill The Form And Click On Submit Button.
Prescribing fixing method I mentioned here will remove the discord search broken problem. But if you find the reason for the search broken from the discord side, wait until the discord authority resolves the issue. And if it is from your side, then applying the method will be effective enough to dissolve the discord search broken for you instantly.
By the way, if you have any further queries, questions, and anything to know regarding discord, then please, feel free to comment below. I will love to provide the information and solution within my reach.
Last but not least, if you found this article helpful, don’t hesitate to share it with your nearest and dearest one.
Thank You & Good Luck!
Frequently Asked Questions:
You may also read to ensuring better performance of your SSD : Optimizing SSD in Windows 10 – In Less Than 13 Minutes.